WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. We believe the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testament, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His Will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
(II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:20,21)
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Deuteronomy 6:14; Matthew 28:19)
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the Cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, he arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the majesty on High, He is our High Priest and Advocate.
(John10: 30; I Timothy 2: 5; I Corinthians 15:3-8)
4. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
(John 16:8-16; Titus 3:5; I Corinthians 3: 16; 6:19-20)
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
(Genesis 1:26; Romans 3:23; Titus 3:5)
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and that only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and, thus, become the children of God.
(Romans 5:8,9; I Peter 1:18,19; I Corinthians 15:1-23)
7. We believe that the Lord’s Supper and Water Baptism by immersion are ordinances to be observed by the church during this present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation.
(Matthew 28:19; I Corinthians 11:23-26)
8. We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head.
(Matthew 16:18; I Corinthians 12:13; Hebrews 10:24)
9. We believe that only those who are members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
(Matthew 6:18; Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 1:22-23; 3:10,21; 5:23,25,27,29,32; Hebrews 12:23)
10. We believe that Jesus is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern its own affairs.
(I Timothy 2:5)
11. We believe in the personal and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
(Acts 1:11; I Corinthians 15:51-52; Philippians 3:20; I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
(Luke 16:19-26; 23:42; II Thessalonians 1:1-9; Jude 6-7; Revelation 20:11-15)
These statements exist in the Baptist Faith and Message, 2000 that we as Southern Baptists agree are biblical. Believing these statements does not save anyone or make anyone more “holy” than others. We simply agree that the Bible teaches these truths.